Premier Hosting is an excellent hosting solution for complex, heavy traffic sites. With this hosting solution, we distribute the work over two load balancers, two dedicated application servers, and two web servers.
Having two application servers is the ideal solution for extremely high traffic sites or if your site performs complicated applications (for example, a multi-step check-out that requires input from outside sources during the transaction). Using two dedicated application servers is especially recommended if your site has many customers making transactions at once.
Also, in the event that one application server goes down, the remaining server will pick up the balance and keep your site’s business transactions running smoothly. Premier Hosting provides a faster and more reliable site for your clients.
Premier Hosting Features:
- Increased server security with a redundant dedicated firewall.
- Two web servers, with up to 500 GB of bandwidth allowance per month; two application servers, also with a 500 GB bandwidth allowance; and one database server.
- Two load balancing servers, splitting traffic over the two web servers and two application servers, via Redundant Shared LVS servers, utilizing IP Load Balance, intelligent load balancing (as opposed to the less effective “round robin” balancing), and true fail-over.
- Regular back-up processed daily with Symantec’s Veritas Backup software.
- Two web servers: 120X Series, featuring XEON 3.0 Ghz / 1 MB Cache, 800 Mhz FSB; 1024 MB DDR2 RAM, and 2 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 1). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Database server: 220X Series, featuring Dual XEON 3.0 Ghz / 1 MB Cache, 800 Mhz FSB; 2048 MB DDR2 RAM, and 3 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 5). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Two load balancing servers: Redundant Shared LVS load balancing servers, featuring IP Load Balance, intelligent balancing, and true fail-over.
- Symantec’s Veritas DataCenter Edition, with backup storage to a central storage array and Iron Mountain off-site storage.