If you plan to run a high traffic web site, do eCommerce transactions, or drive a back end SQL database, then at the very least you need the Intermediate Hosting solution. Unlike shared hosting, with our Intermediate Hosting option your website will have a dedicated web server and database server, plus regular backup.
The advantages of Intermediate Hosting are faster load times for customers, lower crash rates, more control over the server, and more space for your website data. However, if your site traffic is too high for the intermediate level, you may need to upgrade to either our Advanced or Premier Hosting. Also, Intermediate Hosting uses only web server, so if it crashes, your site will be unavailable until it is reset or repaired.
Intermediate Hosting Features:
- Increased server security with dedicated firewall.
- Dedicated web server and database server.
- Back-ups processed daily with Symantec’s Veritas DataCenter Edition software.
- Web server: 120X Series, featuring XEON 3.0 Ghz, 1024 MB DDR2 RAM, and 2 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 1). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Database server: 220X Series, featuring Dual XEON 3.0 Ghz, 2048 MB DDR2 RAM, and 3 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 5). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Symantec’s Veritas DataCenter Edition, with backup storage to a central storage array and Iron Mountain off-site storage.