Re-Platforming, Done Right
Understanding the business concept behind re-platforming
Realistically assessing the benefits of re-platforming for your business
That is why, we always suggest starting the process by thoroughly evaluating your existing site and assessing whether, when, and how to re-platform it. Our job is to support you at every step of the way and advise you exactly as to how you should proceed.
Succeeding with ecommerce re-platforming
- Develop a strategy: First, we will help you set and prioritize your goals, develop a project roadmap, and define your budget and timetable. This way, you can monitor the progress and flexibly adapt the project scope, as needed.
- Get everyone on board: Then, we will help you assemble a strong, responsive cross-departmental team for project reviews and decision making purposes. After all, re-platforming does not only concern your IT department and should not only be embraced by your engineers. Rather, it is a project that affects the entire organization. Throughout the project, we will also help you to manage expectations by clearly communicating goals and success metrics to all parties involved.
- Select the technology: While there likely is no single platform that does it all, we will help you to select the one that best fits your business needs.
- Create a proof of concept: We will make sure you are on the right track by putting your functional and technical assumptions to the test with your target audience before development starts.
- Plan the launch date carefully: Since re-platforming will most likely cause KPIs to drop temporarily, it is important to consider the best possible launch date. We will help you pick the right season and moment in your sales cycle.
- Stay agile: Re-platforming is often a work in progress and needs to be implemented with maximum agility in mind. Small changes and adjustments to the initial concept are almost always necessary in the field, and we will ensure that you can flexibly accommodate them.
- Test, analyze, and improve: Once the new platform is in place, we will help you test and analyse overall performance, front and back-end functionality and third-party solution integration to ensure everything works according to plan. We will also support regular A/B and multivariate tests to further optimize the performance of your ebusiness.
Struggling with the decision to re-platform? Get additional, pertinent information. Download our latest complimentary white paper below on the benefits and challenges of re-platforming.
Interested in re-platforming and looking for a partner who has the proven experience and expertise to guide you successfully through the entire process? Call or email us. We’ll be happy to help.