Advanced Hosting may be the best solution for you if you have more traffic than Intermediate Hosting can handle. Also, this is the best solution to choose if you want to decrease the chances of customers reaching a crashed site. With Advanced Hosting, you have two dedicated web servers (instead of just one), as well as a load balancing server.
Advanced Hosting uses the load balancer to distribute web traffic between the two web servers, which increases the performance of your site. Also, because you have two web servers, if one happens to go down or malfunction, the load balancer will just redirect the traffic to the remaining server. This makes for a more reliable site, and happier customers.
Advanced Hosting Features:
- Increased server security with dedicated firewall.
- Two web servers, with up to 500 GB of bandwidth allowance per month, and one database server.
- Load balancing between the two web servers via a Redundant Shared LVS server, utilizing IP Load Balance, intelligent load balancing (as opposed to the less effective “round robin” balancing), and true fail-over.
- Regular back-up processed daily with Symantec’s Veritas Backup software.
- Two web servers: 120X Series, featuring XEON 3.0 Ghz / 1 MB Cache, 800 Mhz FSB; 1024 MB DDR2 RAM, and 2 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 1). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Database server: 220X Series, featuring Dual XEON 3.0 Ghz / 1 MB Cache, 800 Mhz FSB; 2048 MB DDR2 RAM, and 3 x 73 GB SCSI (RAID 5). Compatible operating systems include either Windows or RedHat ES.
- Load Balancing Server: Redundant Shared LVS load balancing server, featuring IP Load Balance, intelligent balancing, and true fail-over.
- Symantec’s Veritas DataCenter Edition, with backup storage to a central storage array and Iron Mountain off-site storage.