While many development platforms, tools and features are available “out of the box” today, a successful ecommerce experience requires custom solutions to meet specific business needs and requirements.
The ECommerce Partners development team has over a decade of experience in custom website development; we know what works and what doesn't. Whether you are building a new business online or trying to optimize and improve an existing site, whenever possible, we'll help you save time and money by sourcing existing and reliable software solutions that we'll then customize and tailor for your project. However, when no commercial product will suit, we can provide quotes that range from adding individual components to improve the value and performance of your existing site to delivering a custom website that is designed and developed from the ground up specifically for you.
Types of Custom Solutions
Custom development needs vary widely and depend on the nature of your site and what you are trying to accomplish. Broadly, our work typically falls into these categories:
- Specialty Web Development: When no out-of-the-box solutions will work or you want to offer a completely unique online experience
- Custom Content Management Systems: There are many sophisticated CMS products out there today, but your site requirements are unique. We source the right CMS system for you and then tailor it to meet your needs. Read more in our Content Management Systems section
- Back-End Custom Solutions: Perhaps you have a complex product structure, or a dominant customer base that is located in a specific country, or specialty fulfillment needs or unusual hosting or server requirements? We can help source and offer the right solutions for you
- 3rd Party Application Integrations: Thousands of vendors offer specialty tools and services to optimize your customer experience, improve your online catalog, monitor the performance of your site and sales, or integrate your ecommerce transactions with business process applications. We'll source the right products for you and tailor the implementation to meet your needs and integrate seamlessly with your site, as discussed in the 3rd Party Applications Integration section
- Flash Shopping Cart: for more info click here
- Custom Flash Development: for more immersive and highly creative consumer experiences. See our Flash Design section for more
Our Custom Solutions Process
ECommerce Partners has created a unique process methodology that leverages our extensive industry expertise to help you achieve lasting success. ECommerce Partners believes successful online solutions can only be created through consistent methodology and precise planning.
The ECommerce Partners process begins with our team of ecommerce consultants fully understanding the project needs through an intensive data-collection and analysis process. ECommerce Partners then defines the project requirements, which are outlined in a holistic and comprehensive blueprint document called the Ecommerce Requirements Specification (ERS). The ERS includes Creative, Functional, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Web Marketing strategy, Search, Content and Technical Requirements that reflect the user needs and project goals. The ERS also recommends to what extend custom development and 3rd Party Applications are necessary, or whether standard ecommerce website tools could suffice. For more information on the ERS, see the Ecommerce Strategy Section.
From there, the Custom Solutions process transitions into the implementation phase, which ECommerce Partners terms the Ecommerce Development Module (EDM). The EDM produces tailored solutions to meet all the ERS site requirements. The EDM encompasses the Design, Development, QA, User Acceptance Testing, Migration and Launch processes that are involved in any professional website development. Each step is thoroughly planned in advance in the ERS phase, and then implementation is carefully choreographed and managed to ensure the best results.
The chart below illustrates the components of the ERS and EDM development flow: